Monday, December 6, 2010

So it's been said

A million times and in a million different ways. But, exercising my civil liberties, I'm going to take a crack at it and give my two cents.
Driving today I was cut off by a truck bearing the bumper decal:
So how's all that hopin' and changin' going for ya?
And I had to wonder whether the manufacturer of this particular message started making these stickers before the new president was even put into office.
I appreciate that there are real issues that lead a person to choose a party to affiliate themselves with but I have to ask myself whether politics has become much more trivial than that. Have we started to view something as serious as the direction and state of our nation for ourselves and our successors (not to mention our effects on our brothers and sisters of other nations) as something that could be likened unto our affiliation with a favorite sports team? I worry that we view the leaders of our country with the same bullheadedness that is admissible when dealing with our alliance to the Colts or the Lakers, but inexcusable when a real problem has presented itself and we refuse to reach across the table and compromise.

I'm not going to pretend like I know enough to divulge into any particular issues, rather leave it at that and hope that we can separate ourselves from the political chains binding us to one mindset and halting our progression. The political standstill we've come to based on poor (not to mention stupid) attempts to please the other party is another issue entirely.. and not the solution or the path of which I speak... ha ha

1 comment: