Friday, December 31, 2010

The best friends wedding

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit of a basket case yesterday. Tori and Billy were wed in the SLC temple and it was just a perfect day, minus the ice covered roads requiring us to drive 30 mph from Provo to Salt Lake.
They are such a pair; so happy together and such quality people. It's exactly the way that things should be.
Yeah this is really the best picture I got of them from the day haha. Her dad conducted a really eloquent ring ceremony. Something he said that stood out to me was that it is great to be in love and in that state of complete happiness and infatuation but that thankfully it doesn't last. It develops into something much deeper and longer lasting. And sometimes, you don't feel that strong sense of attraction etc at all and that's when it's important and necessary to remember that you've made a promise to that person, that you're bound to them by your choice and by a covenant. That might not sound very romantic the way that I worded it but I was really impressed by it. And honestly I think there's not a lot that IS more romantic than the responsibility that comes along with that bond to another one person. Anyway, I'm so excited for them and feel so blessed to have them in my life!

 I had a nice date too


Pardon the fact that my dress is so short, I'm tall enough that all bridesmaid dresses look a little scandalous on me, even when they don't on the other girls.

Happy new years!

1 comment: