Friday, December 17, 2010

Chance meeting

I love when you meet someone and you can't help but think that it was somewhat fateful.. The mom and I were in WinCo today, browsing the great selection of giy spices and met and spent an hour talking with a lovely southern belle. I think that it started off with me asking my mom what would go well with fried green tomatoes and said lady piping in.. How did you come to know about fried green tomatoes? Well, I was born in North Carolina of course so I can and do hold some claim to knowing the basics of fried cooking. (Even though honestly I'm a little morally opposed to it--public health major)
Anyway, long story short we quickly learned she has quite the adventurous spirit and then drank in everything she had to say. Getting to the point.. She told me about something her daughter, Claire, (a great sign already because I love love that name) had done where she moved to New Zealand for a bit and worked a few hours out of the day to earn room and board and spent the rest of the time exploring etc. One of the families she stayed with completely took her in and the woman spent hours every day teaching her how to cook. Could this sound any more appealing to me? Nooo it could not.


I've been toying with so many different ideas like this I just need to do it. Or something like this. Now.

But we had such a nice time chatting we're meeting up for coffee and cupcakes next week. Yay.

3 comments: