Thursday, November 18, 2010

And I was worried today would bring bad news

Ring around the moon last night... (for anyone who has good taste in movies-- Practical Magic)

I made a bridal bouquet this afternoon

and some really yummy quinoa

Yeah I really did take a picture of everything I put in it haha, and I had to get the black olive can out of the trash. I just have too much energy and nowhere to put it right now.

Me and my friend Alex watched this movie, The other Boleyn girl, and it was about King Henry VIII and his mistresses. It reminded me a little of Vanity Fair in that things were soo lopsided for women. I'm no feminist but hands down between that and no tampons I'm glad I live in the 21st. You sure did know your place though, which is a good and a bad thing. A good thing in that sometimes I would love to have things spelled out for me so that I could feel the satisfaction of meeting the expectations people have for me. A bad thing in that I can't stand being told what to do or the hopeless feeling of having no control in my life. So I'd probably run away and then be in the same position I'm in right now, being responsible for making my own life. I think I would have sold those floral headpiece things at the market and fallen in love with some poor pauper. I'd probably hate the king and write political satires behind his back and teach my kids they had 10x the character and dignity he'd ever have. Kinda fun to think about.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha. I love you. And completely agree about the living in the 21st. No tampons? No thanks! Also, your bouquet turned out SO good! I'm really jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha oh natalie. you are the best. 'some poor pauper'. i love your blogggggg, i wish you did it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute. I love the bouquet! And... you should teach me how to cook.

    ReplyDelete