Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Alright, alright, alright alright alright HEY

Go cougars

So I started feeling guilty about not blogging for a bit, kinda like how it felt when I'd forget to water my crops on Farmville. For my Halloween I opted out of dance parties (as previously foreshadowed that I might) and spent the weekend up at my darling friend Becca's cabin in Current Creek. Never heard of it? That's weird, there's a whole 200 people that live there. Favorite pic of the trip?



Some of the girls
So much fun up there, and an increddddible cabin. I have great friends.

So I'm in North Ogden today at my parents because it is election day!! And my dad is running for state legislature if you didn't know.. He's amazing, way too busy for his own good but really amazing. This whole election has been super stressful and truthfully it will be nice for this part to be over.

I came across some old photos and just enjoyed them too much not to share. This one is a classic because it really represents my adolescence.

I'm pretty sure that I'm fighting nature every picture I take that doesn't look like this, just an awkward person. I'm looking through photos on my mom's computer at my parents house and every one I'm smiling and posed like this. This is freshman year of college mind you.
No, no it's 8th grade but still!

Lastly, my mom and I made the BEST squash soup last night, it was perfect. The recipe comes from this English man, Jamie Oliver who is hard at work trying to improve school lunches. Admirable.
And anyone who doesn't visit this website at least weekly is missing out. Tell me how it goes if you make the soup! Really it is worth it, and you can substitute ingredients all you want (we traded canned green chilis for red chilis because we were out) but don't get rid of the coconut milk even if you're wary.

3 comments:

  1. Current Creek?! AHHHHH! That place has THE scariest gas station ever. EVER. Andrew and I stopped there once, pretty much to see if we would survive, and the creepiest-weird-al-looking-guy was the cashier.
    Darn right scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love old pictures! And gosh dang it. You need to tell Lauren and I when you're in North Ogden so we can hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right aleshia? We had just gotten done watching a little of the tv version of the hills have eyes and it was straight up something out of it. Yuck. I know rach! I was just home helping out with the election but I will be home the weekend after this next one so let's play

    ReplyDelete