Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring?

This photo reminds me of everything good in life :)  I would like mother nature to take note.
I'm ready for spring now, thank you!


I've been reading one of my favorite books, The Rose Cafe. It's a story told by a man recounting his time spent in Corsica (an island on the Mediterranean) as a college student. He worked for a summer on a visa, circa 1960s, escaping the draft and looking to find inspiration for his writing career. He works at a cafe overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and tells about his adventures with the people and his experiences with the island (and the water). I love the way he quietly observes and describes everyone he sees; you really get a feel for the identity of these people he's describing that lived there some 50 years ago. It's one of those books I go back to every time I want to get out of the scene I'm in and enjoy a perspective that couldn't be more different than my own. Italy, Italy, Italy.. If only I had a reason to go there and someone to go with ;) Yes someday, but for now, I will just enjoy my book.

3 comments:

  1. hi um i just wanted to say that im obsessed with your blog and that ive been blog stalking you for years. i had to confess. if only we could be friends in real life. for now i will be content with the blog. you are so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this book...must reserve it at the library! And the pic is awesome! I'm soooo ready for spring. =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina you really should! I love it. Me too!

    ReplyDelete