Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Well that was fun.. so here's another!

First Christmas
Since we aren't incredibly established and aren't yet pulling in the 7 figures we will be we decided to set a $100 budget for Christmas presents for each other. This way we could have some money to go stay in Jackson Hole or PC for a couple nights and snowboard, be romantic, etc. Well I'm convinced we will get better at sticking to budgets but we had already spent more than that by the time Black Friday rolled around. We got some great deals, but embarrassingly spent way over our allotted budget. (in our defense we are building up the things we own from the ground up)- (or from the bottom to the top). 
It was all worth it in the end to look at our beautiful, puny Christmas tree-complete with 6 ornaments. It made me even happier to put our Black Friday findings under it and our new wrapping paper beside it. 
Our four room apartment is really great. We decorated every square inch of it (read: I decorated every square inch of it). When I say four room apt it makes it sound a lot bigger. Notice I didn't say four bedroom apt. Jokes on you. Unless you've seen it. And in that case-joke on everyone, involved. 
Another thought: I think we need a puppy to dress up in Santa clothes. My sister and I took my family's dog, Mars, to Petco looking for outfits and Mars pooped right when we walked in out of pure excitement. I want to spread that kind of excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment