Thursday, August 11, 2011

Unwind

Thank goodness for our capacity to remember. To be able to remember exactly how we felt, the raw emotions of a moment, it's seriously incredible. This post is a dedication to my lovely missionary, Shalyse. I just finished writing her a letter and I bawled the whole way through, she is so exceptional. I do this thing where I try and forget about good things when they are out of my life, I think as a defense mechanism or just a way of adapting to a new reality (for lack of a less dramatic way to put it). But as I was responding to her spiritual, sweet letter I was flooded with so many memories and I just so appreciate who she is and makes me be. I think it is important to always look forward, but you really miss the point entirely if you don't check who it is you've become with who you were/wanted to be. We have such a capacity for growth, and love, and acceptance and tonight was a needed reminder. It's so easy to get caught up in routine and waste away days with hectic schedules and tired attempts at merely fulfilling what is expected of you. I've been putting off enjoying life and that's gotta stop.

Can't wait for you to come home!


1 comment: